Thursday, November 5, 2009

the bathroom comes down...

This was originally a porch.  Later the floor was raised, the walls closed in, and it became the bathroom.   In our plan this bathroom is being moved to the middle of the house and this space will become a part of the bedroom next to it.   I pulled the floor up because I'll need to rebuild it to the exact level of the floor it will be joining (left side of photo) and because I wanted to check the condition of the main drain/sewer line out of the house.   I'm glad I did because it's in rough shape.   The sink drain had rotted away from the main drain line and for who knows how long has been draining directly into the crawl space.  The T joint in the main sewer where that sink connected is also broken and will have to be dug up and replaced.    I don't know of any way to check the condition of the sewer line between the house and the street except for having a plumber send a little pipe camera down there.  I really hope I don't have to dig up and repace the sewer all the way out to the main line at the street.  It's a long way from the house to the road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment