Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Racing against time, snow, the demolition man....

I recently stumbled into a goldmine of free material.   Thousands of square feet of oak and pine hardwood floors, 1x6 pine subfloor, 2x8 and 2x10 joists, 2x4s, etc.   There's only one catch.  I have possibly as little as one more day to get out what I can before the demolition man comes with his giant machinery to tear the building to shreds and haul it away.    While I was away for thanksgiving week another guy began removing the roof to get at the roof sheathing and rafters.  At this point half the roof is gone and it's supposed to rain and snow the rest of the week.  I've worked frantically, fanatically the last three days removing flooring.  I am so exhausted that I fell asleep twice while reading the kids their bedtime storybook then fell asleep again in the shower.   I am hallucinating.   All I can think about is lumber lumber lumber lumber..... I'm going to bed.

*UPDATE WED 12/02:  demolition man has POSTPONED until monday!   Yeehaw!





No comments:

Post a Comment