Friday, January 1, 2010

partial roof re-do?

Looks like the second story idea isn't going to work out.  I would have to replace all of the ceiling joists with larger ones then replace every rafter in addition to the entire roof deck.   However, I would still like to replace just the front section of roof - Partly because the framing under there is a complete mess from several past changes, and partly because I just think the front of the house is ugly shaped the way it is.  Rebuilding just this front section would also allow me to get rid of an obnoxious load-bearing wall that's running right down the middle of the future 2nd bedroom... and, since I'm not making living space up there the existing ceiling joists can stay as-is....Here's what it looks like now (sort of).......

Here's what I want it to look like (sort of)......

Much better, right.....More symmetrical, more balanced.    Slightly steeper pitch - more room for insulation.

Also, the interior floor plan (long in coming) is finally nearing completion.  It's gone through several alterations throughout the past couple of months and now has matured into it's final form.  The only room as yet unresolved is the master bath....


Here's one structure I didn't need any permits, drawings or cardboard models for....


and a beautiful sunset, just because....

No comments:

Post a Comment